Spark Detector - Sensors
FM 1/8 - DLD 1/8A - FM 3/8 - TM 1/8Detect sparks, burning embers and heat
GreCon sensors detect even the smallest spark's or burning ember's infrared radiation. The sensors will signal the control console to initiate instantaneous countermeasures. This action will prevent the spark from entering the dust collector or other downstream areas. Four basic sensor models are available for a wide range of applications.
FM 1/8 spark detector sensors contain photo diode elements that detects a spark or burning ember's infrared radiation and signal the control console.
DLD 1/8 (daylight) sensor uses a similar detection principle, in applications where ambient light is present.
FM 3/8 for high temperature or high pressure applications, the fiber optic cables carry the IR energy to separate photo diodes within the sensor.
HPD 1/8 detector reliably detects dangerous hot particle potentials in low, non-glowing temperature range.
TM 1/8 heat sensor detects the temperature rate-of-rise and is activated at various preset temperature levels.
Spark Detector Technical Information
- IP 65 / NEMA 4 enclosure.
- Shielded electronics against UHF, VHF, or other EMF interference.
- Shielded wiring is not required.
- Internal test light validates photo diode electronic circuitry.
- Stainless steel mounting adapters.
|Sensor||Application||Air Temp||Sensor/Pipe Dia.||Viewing Angle|
|FM 1/8||Low Temp/Pressure||< 158° F||2 / up to 79" Ø||100°|
|The FM 1/8 Spark Detector Sensor is an infrared sensor for low temperature/low pressure applications.|
|FM 3/8||High Temp/Pressure||< 1000° F||
1 / up to 54" Ø,
2 / 56" - 120" Ø
|The FM 3/8 Spark Detector Sensor is an infrared sensor for high temperature/high pressure applications.
The sensor is linked to the duct via three fiber optic cables.
|DLD 1/8A||Low Temp||< 140° F||Appl. Dependent||100°|
|The DLD 1/8-A Spark Detector Sensor is an infrared sensor for low temperature applications
where ambient light is present.
|HPD 1/8||Low Temp||< 140° F||Appl. Dependent||100°|
|The HPD 1/8 Spark Detector Sensor is an infrared sensor for low temperature applications
in specific areas where hot particles detection is needed.
|TM 1/8||Varies||140 - 750° F||Appl. Dependent||N/A|
|The TM 1/8 Rate-of-Rise Sensor is a heat sensor for early detection of temperature rise caused by fire.
Spark Detector Features
- Detects infrared radiation - regardless of size, and even through layers of dust or dense material flow.
- Non intrusive flush-mounted installation does not obstruct material flow.
- Easy installation/maintenance with mounting adapters and quick-disconnect electrical plugs.
- Optional air purge for special applications.
- Impact-resistant lens material for reduced wear of sensor optics.